The coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak has been designated a pandemic by the World Health Organization. As Sabancı University, we have been closely following the developments with coronavirus cases. We have taken all necessary precautions within our campus and warned our students and employees about the epidemic.
- Based on the official announcement made on March 12, 2020, all education activities in our university have been suspended from March 16, 2020.
- Our campus will be closed to visitors and students between March 16, 2020 – April 5, 2020.
- All educational units, dormitories, administrative units and commonly used areas will be disinfected and in order to prevent the virus from spreading the use of common areas will be restricted in this period.
- All our students are advised to avoid international travel unless absolutely necessary, considering all the risks that may occur (problems that may arise according to the status of the pandemic at the time of return, flight cancellations, the fact that students cannot continue their education for at least 14 days upon their return and other problems they may experience).
- All previously planned meetings in large halls such as the Performing Arts Center and the Cinema Hall have been cancelled until further notice.
It is very important that all individuals act responsibly and sensibly to protect themselves from this illness. We trust that all our students will pay the utmost attention to these points.
All educational activities in our university have been suspended starting 16 March 2020.
Education activities scheduled for Friday 13 March 2020 after 17:30 (including the weekend) are also being postponed until a future date to be announced later.
Between March 16, 2020 – April 5, 2020, all educational units, dormitories, administrative units and commonly used areas will be disinfected and in order to prevent the virus from spreading the use of common areas will be restricted.
- Our campus will be closed to visitors and students. There will be no shuttle services.
- The Sports Center and halls, Information Center and BAGEM will not provide service.
- The Health Center, the supermarket and the bank will continue to provide service.
- There are some rearrangements for dining hall use. Only 2 people are allowed to sit at 6-people tables. 1 meter space should be left between people who are in the meal queues.
- The delivery place for food orders from outside will be the main gate of the university.
Academic and Administrative Staff
According to the official directives and the decision taken by the Council of Higher Education Council (YOK), all university personnel who are 60 years of age and over, and those who are on officially approved nursing leave, disabled employees, disadvantaged groups as determined by the Ministry of Health (those with immune problems, cancer patients, patients with chronic respiratory diseases, obesity and diabetes, cardiovascular patients, organ transplant patients, chronic patients), will be considered on administrative leave as of March 16, 2020, for 12 days.
All international travel arrangements of our academic and administrative staff, including those previously planned have been canceled until further notice.
Our university administration has decided to adopt a "home office" policy for all academic and administrative staff, effective Monday 16 March 2020, until further notice. Throughout this period, all work-related activities are expected to be carried out at home (if necessary by remote connection to the university network), and all personnel are expected to remain accessible via e-mail and phone, during working hours.
All previously planned meetings in large halls such as the Performing Arts Center and the Cinema Hall have been cancelled until further notice.